GNOME > System > Shutdown fails to Shutdown?
Posted by rawhidewatch on April 17, 2009
In the past week I’ve noticed the following strange behavior on multiple Rawhide machines.
- I am logged into the GNOME desktop.
- I select System > Shutdown > Shutdown
- X dies, the shutdown animation happens, but it just stops.
- Ctrl-Alt-F2 switches to a VT, but typing does nothing because the getty is dead.
- Ctrl-Alt-Delete starts the reboot process, where we see things actually go through the shutdown process with services stopping.
Shutdown from GDM, or shutdown immediately after logging into GNOME do not exhibit this behavior. I am told that Bug #495326 is related to this issue.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.